The WCCU is for adult singers who are interested in performing mixed-part choral music. The choral year is divided into two sessions, fall and spring. New singers will be accepted during the first three weeks of a session and are welcome to attend a rehearsal before joining.
- Membership is open to adults 18 years old or older. Interested individuals may attend one of the first three rehearsals in a session to see if they would be interested in singing with WCCU.
- Participation fee is $30 per session.
- The WCCU is a non-profit, tax-exempt 501 (c)(3) organization governed by a Board of Directors. The Board consists of 9 members. All positions are open to members of the Choral Union. Elections are held yearly in the spring.
- Attendance – It is expected that all members will make a commitment to attend all rehearsals and performances.
- Rehearsals are held on Tuesdays during the spring session (January – April) and the fall session (September – December). The quality of the performance depends on each member’s attendance and attitude toward the rehearsal. Our primary purpose is to enjoy singing, both in rehearsals and performances. Members need to be tolerant and flexible because of the diversity of musical abilities in other members. Rehearsal location is in Wooster at a location determined for the current year.
- Music – The WCCU was founded with the intention of singing a variety of mixed-part choral music. Members are encouraged to make their views known either verbally, in writing, or joining with the Music director in planning programs. The music is the property of the WCCU. Members are assigned a numbered folder of music. Music is to be returned at the end of each session.
- Performances – Two formal concerts will be scheduled each year. Other performances may be scheduled if time permits, if it is felt that the event would enhance the purpose of the organization, and if sufficient willing members are available to perform.
For information about our group or information about joining
Please Call 330-249-1808 or email email@example.com